I have been a book review blogger for a while now and I have decided in 2015 to starting reviewing independent authors on my website. My goal is to have 12-15 reviews of independent authors for this year. I thought that I would set out my review policy here. If you agree to all of my terms, then please send me an email via my contact form.
My review policy can be found below. I hope you find it fair, clear, and concise. I accept paperback and e-book format (preferably Kindle and pdf). If you want to send me a paperback copy, please send me an email and I will reply within 24-48 hours with my mailing address.
- I am only reviewing books in the genres of fantasy and science fiction. My goal as a reviewer is to promote the genres that I’m interested in. I’m looking for books in all the subgenres of fantasy and science fiction (For Fantasy: Contemporary, High, Urban, Christian, Literary, & Multicultural) (For Science Fiction: Hard, Space Opera, Science-Fantasy, Christian & Literary)
- I plan to post a review once a month to my website. I will notify (by e-mail) the selected author each month if their book has been chosen for a review. After I have read their novel, I will send another email letting them know when I’m posting the review on my website. I will contact the selected author if there are any delays in posting my review for their book.
- My reviews are honest. I will try my absolute best to be truthful in my reviews. This means that there is a possibility that you will not get the review that you were hoping for. All of my reviews are my own personal opinion, which means that a book will only get a favorable review if I liked reading it. However, if I did not like reading it, I will give as much detail as I can, along with a follow up email, and be constructive, not nasty. Here are a couple of examples of my reviews: Numb by John W. Otte, The Disappeared by Kristine Kathryn Rusch, and Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.
- I will post my review on my website, Goodreads, Library Thing, Amazon and my Facebook page. However, I can post reviews elsewhere on request. Just send me an email and we’ll discuss it.
- I reserve the right to both decline a review request, and read a book without reviewing. Obviously I will try my absolute best to respond to every review request positively, and read every book selected for a review. However, sometimes life just gets in the way or I have some other things to deal with. If this happens, I will let you know. I will also let you know in detail why I refuse your review request.
If you agree to all of my terms, then please send me an email via my contact form. I will try to reply as quickly as I can. Thank you.