“A good name is better than a good ointment.”
(Ecclesiastes 7:1 NASB)
We must have a good name. It is easy to make a name for yourself, but the important thing is what kind of name are you making.
The key to having a good name is character. Character takes a lifetime to build. God expects to have Christ-like character.
Our culture and society are more concern with image and celebrity instead of character and reputation. Make me a star, make me famous, make me rich….is the motto these days. We’re even taking a supposedly “slice of real life” and turning everyday people into TV stars.
Remember God is more concerned about your character than your comfort.
Here are 6 qualities to developing character:
1) Spiritually: When you genuinely love and follow Christ, believers and unbelievers will respect you.
2) Integrity: You must do what is right at all times.
3) Generosity: People will remember and honor you for what you give than what you receive.
4) Humility: If you’re not humble you will stumble.
5) Dependable: People admire people who are dependable.
6) Living by Priorities: It is more important to make a life than making a living.
If you keep these 6 qualities in mind and work on them…you will be on the road to developing character and becoming more Christ-like. Which as followers of Christ…..we all want? Right!